Shawnessy Registry

An Alberta corporation may be voluntarily dissolved if the owner(s) no longer want to continue to do business in Alberta. In addition to this, the Alberta government has the ability to dissolve any Alberta corporation if the corporation has failed to file their annual returns.

To voluntarily dissolve a corporation, a representative of the corporation must be present in the registry office. They must also have signing authority and acceptable identification. Once the paperwork has been electronically filed, the representative will receive the certificate of dissolution immediately.